Friday, April 8, 2011

Cultural Diversity

My neighborhood is beyond culturally divided. It is people of every race everywhere. We have a melting pot in my community. From Hispanics, to Mexicans, Whites, Africans, Chineses, Japaneses, and of course African Americans, all in a combined community. It's not a difference between us to me. We are all the same people, just colored different. When new people arrive into my neighborhood, I personally don't see a problem with them. I don't offend them by being racial or anything. I treat them as an equal like they are. But, there are people in my neighborhood who is ethnocentric. They tend to look at people differently because of their culture difference, and most times, easily annoyed by them. I don't feel like we should judge each other because a part of our culture is imported to where they originally are from, just the same as a part of their culture is presented to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment